Seasonal Skincare Updates 101
Why is it important to update your skincare routine with the season? From spring to summer your skin needs will change and it’ll let us know when.
As you know, the skin is the largest organ of the body, it shields against various external factors, such as wind, rain, pollution, and the sun. Skincare protects this valuable organ from being too fatigued, adding hydration, moisture, and nutrients.
When the seasonal changes kick in, the skin is usually the first one to notice: dry lips? Check! Greasier skin? Check! Rashes? Check! Sunburn? Check! So, it is the skin itself that tells you what it needs when the weather shifts. Here’s a quick guide for you, so you can listen to when your skin talks, and what products to look for.
WHEN, WHAT, AND WHERE
If your face seems to be “glowing” more but not in the way we want it to, it’s probably because the increased humidity of the summer environment makes our skin’s sebaceous glands produce more natural oil (sebum). The texture of the face will be oily. It’s time to implement some variations to our usual skincare routine.
If you have a skin condition, such as acne or rosacea, it’s best if you consult with your skin care professional about which products, you can change and how often to use them. Nonetheless, everyone that has already downloaded our #SKINGUIDE for this season, will consider this information and move into summer gracefully.
- To reduce that excess oil and clear your pores from the sweat and the pollution a light exfoliation comes in very handy, try the
- once or twice a week after skin cleansing.
- Along with long summer days come a lot of activities and longer days. The sweat and pollution will build up onto the skin, and to give your face relief, try €
- : use them morning and night.
- To fight the free radicals that pollution brings into our skin, a good
- is great for a bright look, use it every time you clean your face.
- Seek lighter moisturizers, the heavy barrier that our skin needed in the cold months is no longer useful, try the new gel-cream moisturizer
- . It works best if you apply it in the morning and at night.
- The must-have of all seasons is a good SPF, for summer it can be combined with an
- to strengthen the barrier function of the skin. Use it every morning and reapply at noon.
SUMMER SCHOOL HACKS
- Try using as much as you can an umbrella, a hat, and sunglasses to reinforce sun protection.
- Drink enough water: this is taking care from the inside, out. A hydrated body means hydrated skin.
- Reduce the temperature of the water when you shower, lukewarm water is the ideal temperature for your skin to effectively retain its natural moisture.
At Xtetic Derma we curate the best European skincare solutions for you to glow all year round. Stay tuned for the latest trends and developments!